Date: 7/7/19 8:13 pm
From: <rriparia...> <rriparia...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Red-headed Woodpecker. Tick.
Wasn't there a record a few years back, in Lake Co., near jct. Hwy 140 and road to Plush? Photo record as I recall.Not at home to check.Kevin SpencerKlamath Falls, ORSent from my Verizon LG Smartphone------ Original message------From: Jeff GilliganDate: Sun, Jul 7, 2019 7:56 PMTo: Tom Crabtree;Cc: <ticebill7...>;Obol;Subject:[obol] Re: Red-headed Woodpecker. Tick.On Jul 7, 2019, at 11:12 AM, Tom Crabtree <tc...> wrote:Bill, there are two prior records, both from Malheur.  One was in 1987, the other was in 2008.  Both were in June. Tom Crabtree, BendAdditionally, there were two other reports that I think were good.  One was at Cascade Locks and the other on Powell Butte, Portland.  Like those reported birds, I tried to see them, and struck out, as I did today.My reference to “tick” was not the  British birding usage indicating that I had seen the Douglas County bird, but rather a  would-be blood sucking type of tick that I spotted on my pale colored pants.I ar
rived after most birders had left, and also checked a few nearby clear cuts.  I gave up at about 3 PM.BIG MISS for me.  I should well know to go for such a bird at the first possible moment.Jeff Gilligan

Join us on Facebook!