Date: 7/7/19 3:10 pm
From: Chuck Aid <caid...>
Subject: [cobirds] Meyer Ranch Cliff Swallows
Through the past decade I have noted that the US 285 bridge over South Turkey Road, immediately adjacent to the Meyer Ranch parking lot, has been a regular nesting site for Cliff Swallows, though I have not looked to see if they might have missed some years and gone elsewhere. However, looking at eBird just for 2019 I see that Doug Kibbe and Betty Glass recorded 100 there on May 18. I led a group there on July 6, and it was obvious that someone had come along in the interim and cleared out all the nests from under the bridge. I recorded only three Cliff Swallows. I know nothing about the timing of those nests being removed, or who might be responsible, or if it was done prior to eggs being laid, but thought that this might be something to keep an eye on in future years.

Chuck Aid
Evergreen, CO