Date: 7/7/19 2:58 am
From: Bill Tice <ticebill7...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Red-headed Woodpecker
Hi All,, My wife and I made the jaunt to Douglas Co and saw the Red-headed
Woodpecker around 1:30-2:00. I don't have any more praise to give, but hope
he sticks around for any who have not been able to get there as yet. I
wanted to add that there is a large pull off on the top of the hill on the
east side, enough for 6-7 cars where one can park, and also to be careful
of the weekend traffic. I also wonder how long this bird has been there?
and how many accepted records there are to this point?

We tried for the Ona Beach Catbird en route there, but dipped. So we tried
again on the way back and we successful, along with Audrey Addison, who had
been waiting around since about 11:00. It was directly in back of the
bathroom where the largest trees have been downed. It flew in briefly and
was likely looking for food. It did not give us much of a view, the
skulker he is. A possible 2nd bird also flew in. It was just difficult to
assess as there was also an imm Towhee in the mix, and I could not be
certain of another bird, but since there were two there last year, the
possibility exists.

So if you need to use the bathroom there, and your favorite baseball team
is winning, are you in the "catbird seat"?

--
Bill Tice

:
Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and, for avoiding chores

Join us on Facebook!