Date: 7/6/19 6:18 pm
From: Christopher Loscalzo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] COA/CBS Workshop
Combined COA/CT Botanical Society Bird/Plant Workshop

Saturday, July 20th, 2019 from 8:00 am to 11:00 am

Wimisink Preserve, Sherman

Spend a morning with plant enthusiasts and learn about the plants upon which
birds depend while we birders show them the birds that visit the plants that
they know and love. On this joint event of the CT Botanical Society and the
Connecticut Ornithological Association we'll visit a freshwater wetland
where bitterns and other marsh birds have bred. We may also visit the nearby
Herrick Trail to look for woodland species. Meet at the parking lot to the
Wimisink Preserve on Route 39, just south of Route 55 (1/2 mile west of
Route 7) in Sherman. The workshop is free and open to COA members and
non-members alike. Leaders: John Anderson, CBS, C: 860-248-1053; Chris
Loscalzo at: <mailto:<closcalz...> <closcalz...> and 203
389-6508.

*Please watch for an update a few days before this event that will report on
the status of the trail leading to the south observation platform at the
preserve. It is in need of repair that we hope will take place before our
workshop!