Date: 7/6/19 2:09 pm
From: Kathy Kesner <m.k.kesner...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Hummer Question
Hi,
We bought a home near Port Angeles Wa. After living in Seattle for many years. Last winter was the first winter there and we had a few over-wintering Anna’s as I expected. In the early spring we had a crazy number of Anna’s and Rufous hummingbirds - they were going through maybe a gallon and a half of food a week. Then, 3 or 4 weeks ago 95% of them vanished and we are back to just a few Anna’s. Does anyone know if this is typical for the Olympic Peninsula? Was the big crowd part of the Northern migration that moved on? They were all here for maybe 5 or 6 weeks. I found the sudden drop off puzzling.
Thanks for any info!
Kat