Date: 7/6/19 6:11 am
From: Maeve Kim <maevulus...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Warblers Derby
It seems to me that warblers and other songbirds are continuing to sing later this year than most years, and singing even in the hottest part of hot days. Is anyone else noticing this?
Chestnut-sided Warblers and Common Yellowthroats sing often in our yard. Yesterday the latter started at a little after 5AM and were witchy-witchng every time during the day that I stopped to listen. Four times I stopped to keep track for a few minutes; one male never let more than 16 seconds of silence go by without singing. If that one bird was indeed singing from 5AM until past 8PM, he sang about 4000 times. Not a contender for the Red-eyed Vireo’s crown, but still impressive!
Maeve Kim
Jericho Center

> On Jul 6, 2019, at 7:24 AM, Walter Medwid <wmedwid...> wrote:
>
> Parulas, black throated greens, chestnut sided, No. waterthrush, black and
> whites and red starts remain in full song. Veerys seem especially abundant
> this year.

Join us on Facebook!