Date: 7/5/19 5:33 pm
From: Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hamden - Hooded Warbler
A male Hooded Warbler remains on Woods Road just north of the YMCA Camp, end of Downs Road.   Access to the site is the Quinnipiac (blue trail) to the blue/red blazed feeder.
I think there should be a new Atlas Code GO (for "Goofing Off").   Goofing Off would be feeding/gleaning, singing, and showing well in front of the observer, at this peak time of the season, instead of more sought-after breeding behavior, like carrying nest material or food.  That Hooded Warbler was seen well and constantly singing, definitely T (song or other evidence of territory establishment on at least 2 days, at least 7 days apart).  I spent a lot of effort in my Block today, but like the Hooded, every bird seemed to be Goofing Off.
Steve Mayo
Bethany