Date: 7/4/19 10:11 am
From: 'Joan Glabach' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Fwd: Sent photo
On June 5 a Killdeer “told” Ray not to mow near her nest. He flagged it and we have been watching the 4 eggs and counting the days ever since. Yesterday Mama was not on the nest and we could not find any egg shells or signs of the nest. We found Mama and 4 little ones across our yard in an area with newly planted native grass. Ray made our new kids a water feature to play in. They seemed to double in size before our eyes yesterday. Today is cooler and we have seen them go under Mom for warmth breaks from foraging. We can see them from our sunroom with our scope.

The hike they made right after birth was like walking from Severance to Wellington for us.

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message: