Date: 7/3/19 10:54 am
From: Phil Brown <pdpbrown...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Laguna and Baldwin
I hit a couple of spots for the BBA this morning, Laguna beach and Baldwin
creek mouth. Laguna was a bit disappointing, just Savannah Sparrow and Coot
to add to the records. Due to recent untoward experiences I wasn't prepared
to bushwhack past the "area closed" sign through a poison oak thicket to
try for MAWR. No RUDU seen either.
Baldwin was much more interesting, though no new species to add to the
breeding records. A pair of WHITE-TAILED KITES was around, as was a GREEN
HERON squawking loudly. COOT chicks were begging, and there were 3 RUDDY
DUCKS on the pond closest to the beach, along with a CINAMMON TEAL and lots
of MALLARDS with some ducklings in tow. SPOTTED TOWHEES were singing all
around, and there was a least on recent juvenile (maybe more given the
noises). The unexpected bonus was a full set of the local swallows, BARN,
CLIFF, VIOLET-GREEN, NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED and most unusual for the
location TREE. The local NORTHERN-HARRIER pair were cruising around too.

Phil Brown