Date: 7/3/19 9:25 am
From: Adrian Burke <aburke173...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Boblink weather event?
After breeding, Bobolinks move out of breeding locations to gather in
flocks at other nearby(?) spots to molt before migrating south. This is
mostly done in marshes (as I’ve seen at Montezuma NWR in New York), but
apparently also in food-rich wet grasslands. Perhaps failed breeders simply
head early to these molting grounds to molt before moving south.

Adrian Burke
Manhattan, New York

Join us on Facebook!