Date: 7/3/19 5:53 am
From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Jefferson County Huge Raven Flock
Chuck

that is fascinating.  Yesterday at New River Coos Cty ur co worker saw a
flock of 45+ ravens.   This large of a flock on 2 July is unheard of
down here.   We've get big flocks in spring, that is normal, but over
the last year or two the flocks have gone from 20-40 to 50-100.   This
year ravens numbers were very high in spring.   Now a huge flock in
July. Something is up with ravens.....either they are moving from some
location because of a lack of food, or their numbers are
exploding.......or.......???

Cheers
Dave Lauten
Bandon OR

On 7/2/2019 11:45 PM, Charles Gates wrote:
> Adrienne Smith just published a video of a huge flock of Common Ravens
> near Rimrock Springs on Hwy 26.  I printed a video capture and marked
> each bird with a red dot while counting.  I ended with 235 birds in the
> capture.  There were at least 20 more outside the frame of this picture
> so 250 is a conservative estimate.  I looked back through my records.
> The largest flock I can find recorded in Central Oregon is 200.  I
> suspect others have seen flocks close to 250 but not often.  This is
> quite a find.
>

> See the video on Facebook -
> https://www.facebook.com/a1rose/videos/pcb.892854217739467/10214961216964028/?type=3&theater&ifg=1
>

> See the video capture on the eBird report -
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57882339?msgKey=singleLocMergeSuccess

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!