Date: 7/2/19 11:52 pm
From: AMY HOPKINS via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] behavior question
Today I watched a house sparrow in full male adult breeding plumage running around acting like a fledgling in full begging mode with fluttering of wings and plaintive cheeps.  Or perhaps like a female wanting to be mounted (crouched down with tail lifted in the air).  I shot several videos.  It went on for quite a long time as he seemed to be looking for someone to feed him.
I've never seen anything like this before.  It was in an area with several visible house sparrow nests and lots of other house sparrows, including many juveniles.
Does anybody know what's going on?
Amy Hopkinsseen in North Branford