Date: 7/2/19 11:46 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Jefferson County Huge Raven Flock
Adrienne Smith just published a video of a huge flock of Common Ravens
near Rimrock Springs on Hwy 26.  I printed a video capture and marked
each bird with a red dot while counting.  I ended with 235 birds in the
capture.  There were at least 20 more outside the frame of this picture
so 250 is a conservative estimate.  I looked back through my records.
The largest flock I can find recorded in Central Oregon is 200.  I
suspect others have seen flocks close to 250 but not often.  This is
quite a find.

See the video on Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/a1rose/videos/pcb.892854217739467/10214961216964028/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

See the video capture on the eBird report -
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57882339?msgKey=singleLocMergeSuccess

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com