Date: 7/2/19 4:32 pm
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] July 2 eBird Oregon RBA
*** Species Summary:

Chukar (1 Columbia)
Mew Gull (1 Lane)
Black-crowned Night-Heron (1 Washington)
Lewis's Woodpecker (1 Malheur)
Northern Flicker (intergrade) (1 Multnomah)
Horned Lark (1 Lane)
Gray Catbird (1 Harney)

Chukar (Alectoris chukar) (1)
- Reported Jul 02, 2019 05:43 by Ivar Husa
- Sauvie Island--Multnomah Channel (Columbia Co.), Columbia, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.7350623,-122.8404093&ll=45.7350623,-122.8404093
- Comments: "I will post pictures. I could not believe it myself."

Mew Gull (Larus canus) (1)
- Reported Jul 02, 2019 11:33 by Gerry Meenaghan
- Port of Siuslaw Campground and Marina, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.9690364,-124.1009295&ll=43.9690364,-124.1009295
- Comments: "Continuing. Smaller than surrounding Westerns with yellow legs
and short, yellow bill. Thanks, Daniel! "

Black-crowned Night-Heron (Nycticorax nycticorax) (1)
- Reported Jun 30, 2019 19:45 by Jackson Bottom Wetland Historical Data
- Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve--Survey Area 9, Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.5002561,-122.9839289&ll=45.5002561,-122.9839289
- Comments: "reported by Chris Rombough. It was perched on a large woody
debris pile in the NE corner of Pintail Pond (area 9) before sunset on
6/29/19."

Lewis's Woodpecker (Melanerpes lewis) (1)
- Reported Jul 01, 2019 12:20 by Terry Rich
- Antelope Reservoir, Malheur, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.9043251,-117.2354507&ll=42.9043251,-117.2354507
- Comments: "A single bird was flycatching from the top of a snag below the
dam. Glossy black with pink belly, and flycatching in typical fashion."

Northern Flicker (intergrade) (Colaptes auratus luteus x cafer) (1)
- Reported Jul 02, 2019 by Erik Hovmiller
- NE 23rd and Siskiyou, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.5449627,-122.6421189&ll=45.5449627,-122.6421189
- Comments: "Flew into a Japanese Snowbell in my front yard where I have a
suet feeder. Red-shafted Flickers come to feed here regularly. It perched
briefly but flew away without eating. The red malar was obvious. The red
nape was fairly obvious and had a crescent--or flat "V" shape to it. As it
flew away, underwing colors seemed mixed, not all orange as usual, yet not
clearly yellow either. Wing color was not visible when perched."

Horned Lark (Eremophila alpestris) (1)
- Reported Jul 02, 2019 09:59 by John Sullivan
- BowTech, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.1202421,-123.191138&ll=44.1202421,-123.191138
- Comments: "Continuing since June 24. Familiar tinkling song from recently
cut field of Meadow Foam. Too much background noise for recording."

Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) (1)
- Reported Jun 29, 2019 06:15 by Mark Gonzalez
- Fish Lake BBS -- Stop 17, Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.8453015,-118.8856471&ll=42.8453015,-118.8856471
- Comments: "Rare filter: Initially heard. Rising 'meow' or cat call.
Visual obtained. Only similar bird would be female Brewer's Blackbird,
except this bird had all gray body with dark cap on head and dark, very
long tail. Bill thinner than Brewer's Blackbird. Did not have angle to
see undertail coverts, but didn't need to see with the looks of the rest of
the gray body. Much familiarity with this bird as it was a yard bird in my
10-year residence in North Dakota and 10-year residence in Colorado."

Join us on Facebook!