Date: 7/2/19 3:01 pm
From: Chris Elphick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] block busting for the atlas
Hi everyone,
At least two groups went block busting for the CT atlas this weekend, and I know several individuals are doing the same - finding blocks without much survey effort and spending a few hours helping to fill gaps.  If you are interested in helping with this, we now a list of target blocks on the atlas web site:http://ctbirdatlas.org/BlockBusting.html

I also just wrote a blog post on the topic, which helps explain how to identify good blocks to target:
http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/index.php/2019/07/02/block-busting-independently/
As you'll see, we especially need help in the southeastern portion of the state - so anyone wanting to work on their New London list, this is your chance!  You never know, you might find a fork-tailed flycatcher ....
Chris

Chris Elphick @ssts
Storrs, CT
<elphick...>