Date: 7/2/19 10:59 am
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Granby atlasing - five species confirmed
Confirmed: Tree Swallow, Catbird, Baltimore Oriole, Black-and-white Warbler, Yellow Warbler. I strongly suspect that one of the three Ravens was a youngster, but couldn’t confirm it. They kept together in a tight group.

John Weeks
North Granby

North Granby: JG Property (Private Access), Hartford, Connecticut, US
Jul 2, 2019 7:09 AM - 9:46 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.2 mile(s)
Comments: Weather: 65 F to start; cloudy to mostly cloudy (high ceiling)
44 species

Wood Duck 1
Mourning Dove 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Bald Eagle 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 3
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 1
Alder Flycatcher 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Eastern Kingbird 1
Yellow-throated Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 4
Red-eyed Vireo 4
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 1
Common Raven 3 Three together, possibly a family group.
Tree Swallow 5 One went into a nest hole in a snag and flew out carrying a fecal sac.
Black-capped Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 1
Eastern Bluebird 2 Male singing from many different posts and chasing another male around the north marsh.
Veery 3
Wood Thrush 1
Gray Catbird 7 One fledgling: scruffy-looking; faint streaks on breast; yellow gape. I couldn't make out any chestnut coloration on the undertail coverts. Voice slightly higher-pitched than that of an adult.
American Goldfinch 3
Song Sparrow 5
Swamp Sparrow 5 Two birds counter-singing.
Eastern Towhee 1
Baltimore Oriole 1 Female, very agitated and carrying food.
Red-winged Blackbird 8
Common Grackle 5
Ovenbird 2 Male bird very agitated, his crest feathers raised. He flew all around me, singing and calling from different perches.
Black-and-white Warbler 3 Male of agitated pair was carrying food.
Common Yellowthroat 5 Two males counter-sang from territories close together.
Yellow Warbler 3 Adult female fed a fledgling.
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1
Pine Warbler 1
Scarlet Tanager 1