Date: 7/2/19 8:03 am
From: Priscilla Sokolowski <priscillanhk...>
Subject: [obol] Hatch-year Red-Shoulder Hawk - Delta Ponds Eugene
I have been hearing about Red-shouldered Hawks at Delta ponds for maybe a
year, along with some speculation about there being a nest, either here or
across the river perhaps in the Razor Park area. I don't know if nesting
has been confirmed or not, but Sunday July 1, at Delta Ponds along the
river bike path, I took the following photo of what looks to me like a
young Red-shouldered Hawk. Notes: "scruffy crown feathers"; lack of rufous
color on head or shoulders; tail seems short - ie not fully grown in.

Priscilla Sokolowski

Join us on Facebook!