Date: 7/1/19 9:00 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Y-b cuckoo at Grand Island - NO
Ed McVicker and Bob Lockett reported a YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO at the Greenway
on the south end of Grand Island on June 25.

Location: N 45 06 08.6, W 123 01 08.4 The bird was found the next day by
Don Berg. Others looked in the following days, but did not find it.

I was away in Lake county June 25-29, so today was my first chance to try to
find it.

I arrived at the white gate on Upper Island Rd at 6:30 and was surprised to
find it locked - the first time I've seen that, ever. A man opened the gate
at 6:50 and I proceeded to the Greenway.

I was in position with my scope, cooler, and chair by 7:08 and stayed until
11:15. I moved over to the parking lot, then down to the river straight
below (south) of the parking lot until 12:30. I did not use playback . I
did NOT find a Yellow-billed Cuckoo.

Species seen:

2 Lazuli Bunting - on way to gate

1 B-h Grosbeak - female on nest north of gate

At Greenway

1 Osprey

2 Bald Eagle

3 Red-tailed Hawk