Date: 7/1/19 5:09 pm
From: linda hodges <hikerhodges...>
Subject: [cobirds] Lazuli Bunting Behavior, El Paso County
Greetings, cobirders,

Might you be able to help explain some curious behavior I recently
encountered?

A few weeks ago, at Sondermann Park in Colorado Springs, I thought I heard
a male Lazuli Bunting (LAZB) singing.
As I wasn't sure of my ID, I briefly played its song, which was similar but
different from the one it had just sung. The male immediately appeared and
sang the exact song I had just played.

When I heard a LAZB again the following week at Sondermann, I again briefly
played the tape (I won't do it again, but I considered this research), and
again it repeated the song I played.

Is this typical behavior?

I would greatly appreciate your input,

Linda Hodges