Date: 7/1/19 3:01 pm
From: pan <panmail...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Discovery Park sea watch
Hi, Tweets,

I spent from before 9 to around 2 today in Discovery Park, mostly sea watching from West Point. I did not see yesterday's giant find. I did see one or two adult Parasitic Jaegers right away, and later a handful of passing peeps, including one Western Sandpiper that paused on the point. Best was a Horned Puffin that flew in from the south about 10:25, landed on the water near a Rhinoceros Auklet to the north, dove a couple times, and disappeared within five minutes. At 11:20, a Brown Pelican flew north far out (vicinity of the yellow buoy).

I, too, did not expect summer to have such activity (beyond shorebirds).

1 July, 2019,

Alan Grenon
Seattle