Date: 7/1/19 11:56 am
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Granby: Atlasing Mary Edwards Mountain Property
I confirmed nesting of three species today in the Granby Land Trust’s Mary Edwards Mountain Property: Black-billed Cuckoo, American Robin and Northern Cardinal. Full eBird report is below.

John Weeks
North Granby

Mary Edwards Mountain Property (CT Atlas Block 21A), Hartford, Connecticut, US
Jul 1, 2019 9:09 AM - 10:55 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments: Weather: sunny, low humidity; 73 F to start; somewhat breezy.
29 species

Mourning Dove 2
Black-billed Cuckoo 1 Carrying a plump, hairy caterpillar that only a cuckoo could love.
Red-shouldered Hawk 1 Stirred up two angry Robins when it perched low in a tree, presumably near their nest.
Broad-winged Hawk 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Warbling Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 2
American Crow 2
Barn Swallow 1
Black-capped Chickadee 2
House Wren 2
Eastern Bluebird 1
Veery 1
American Robin 2 A pair, furiously berating a Red-shouldered Hawk; one of the Robins was carrying a worm.
It never ceases to amaze me that birds can call and even sing while carrying food in their beaks.
Gray Catbird 3
Cedar Waxwing 1
American Goldfinch 1
Chipping Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 2
Eastern Towhee 1
Baltimore Oriole 1
Red-winged Blackbird 5
Ovenbird 1
Common Yellowthroat 1
American Redstart 1
Yellow Warbler 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Northern Cardinal 3 Adult fed a nearly full-grown fledgling.

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57843009