Date: 6/30/19 6:59 am
From: Chris Rimmer <crimmer...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Belated Mansfield update
Week 4 of VCE's 2019 banding season on Mansfield featured our lowest
capture total so far, if not ever in late June. We captured 22 individuals
in 23 mist nets over Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, with only 6 of
those being new captures. There were no avian surprises this week, although
a black bear and cub seen (and photographed) by Chuck Gangas and Mike
Sargent below the Octagon provided a welcome distraction from the slow
netting.

For a summary with Chuck's and Mike's excellent photos, see our blog post:
https://vtecostudies.org/blog/mansfield-one-month-update-where-are-all-the-birds/

I'll be back up there tomorrow night and Tuesday, hoping for a more
productive session!

Chris

Chris Rimmer
Vermont Center for Ecostudies