Date: 6/28/19 9:02 am
From: Walter \Ski\ Szymanski <walt.szymanski...>
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Baltimore & Bullock’s Oriole pair at Metzger Farm, Adams County
Very early this morning (6/28) I observed male BAOR flying to nest and at
the exact same time, and from the nest area, saw what I think was the
female BUOR. The BAOR flew to the nest from south to north, and the BUOR
flew away from the nest from north to south. It happened pretty damn
quickly and I'm not 100% confident of my id of the female. But given that
the bird I think was the female BUOR flew from the nest area at the exact
same moment as the male BAOR flew in, I'm thinking it was her. Did get a
fair shot of the male, though, when he stuck his head into the nest
(presumably to feed chicks, although no chicks are visible yet).

[image: BAOR male - 20190628 - W Szymanski.jpg]