Date: 6/26/19 7:09 pm
From: Chris Elphick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] CT bird atlas - nest box birds
Zellene beat me to it, but it's well known that wrens will enter the nests of other birds and poke holes in eggs, presumably as an eviction strategy that allows them to take over the nest. I'm not defending house sparrows, but it cuts both ways ... and it's hardly the sparrows fault that they ended up here :).

With nest box birds on the listserv's collective mind, though, I will take the opportunity to ask everyone to submit reports of any birds they can confirm as breeding in nest boxes. Reporting via eBird (share with ctbirdatlas) is easiest for us, but you can also use the incidental observations form on the atlas web site.  Full details here:http://ctbirdatlas.com/Surveys-Incidental-observations.htm
Direct link to the form, here:http://ctbirdatlas.com/PDF/Incidental_obs_data_form.pdf
To read more about nest box nesting birds, there's a new piece on the blog, here:
http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/index.php/2019/06/27/nest-boxes/
Thanks,Chris

Chris Elphick @ssts
Storrs, CT