Date: 6/26/19 3:44 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene.

Our group went to Fern Ridge Dam and associated Kirk Park. Kirk pond was empty except for the lone pelican perched on a log with some cormorants. We had a very cooperative, well-studied Willow Flycatcher, singing from a wire by Long Tom River. And we were glad to see that a Black Phoebe at the dam survived the winter and as we assumed, was nesting. The Cliff Swallow colony there, was mainly on the side facing the water. Two Green Herons were below the dam, and a collection of vultures and an osprey were perched on the massive concrete structure. There were no gulls, and Fern Ridge Lake was smooth and empty of floating birds except for a few grebes to the extreme south. Most of song bird activity was along the Long Tom trail, however, finches were not in evidence anywhere.
40 species

Wood Duck 2
Mallard 1
Western/Clark's Grebe 2
Rock Pigeon 1
Anna’s Hummingbird 1
Double-crested Cormorant 4
American White Pelican 1
Great Blue Heron 5
Green Heron 2
Turkey Vulture goo day for them
Osprey 2
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
American Kestrel several on wires seen from car
Western Wood-Pewee 4
Willow Flycatcher 1
Black Phoebe 1
Steller’s Jay 2
California Scrub-Jay several
American Crow several
Cliff Swallow colony at dam
Barn Swallow a couple
Black-capped Chickadee one or two families
Bushtit a family
Bewick’s Wren 2
Wrentit 1
Swainson’s Thrush 5
American Robin 8
European Starling 1
Cedar Waxwing group at river
Spotted Towhee 8
Song Sparrow 6 +
Yellow-breasted Chat 3
Bullock’s Oriole 2
Brown-headed Cowbird 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Common Yellowthroat 10
Western Tanager 2
Black-headed Grosbeak 4
Lazuli Bunting 1

Dennis Arendt, Randy Sinnott, Tom Cable, Sylvia Maulding, Sarah Vasconcellos, Cindy Armstrong, Kit Larsen, Nancy Clogston, Rosie Hammond, Steve Dignam, Jim Mitchell, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!