Date: 6/25/19 5:36 pm
From: Jason A. Crotty <jasonacrotty...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Comments on Western YB Cuckoo delisting proposal -- request to eBird reviewers
All:

It certainly makes sense to include something about eBird data in the
comments, though I have not confirmed that none of the existing comments
address that issue. However, the Center for Biological Diversity submitted
a 120-page comment that addresses the issue of scientific data more
generally, and addresses the "distinct population segment" (DPS) issue as
well. The comment is here:

https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=FWS-R8-ES-2018-0027-0033

There are also comments by the National Audubon Society and the American
Bird Conservancy.

All of the comments (there are 37) are here:

https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=FWS-R8-ES-2018-0027

For those who don't know what a "DPS" is, I addressed that issue below, as
to the alleged Sonora Desert population of Bald Eagle.

http://www.10000birds.com/bird-litigation-sonoran-desert-bald-eagle.htm

As to birds, I had a Rufous Hummingbird at my inner NE Portland feeder
today, a fairly rare occurrence.

Jason Crotty
Portland

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 5:15 PM <clearwater...> wrote:

> Good comments, Jerry,
>
> I've responded privately at more length.
>
> But for now -- and since the clock is ticking -- I want to keep the ball
> in the court of eBird reviewers, who are in position to give comments based
> on their position.
>
> I also just forwarded my comments to Brian Sullivan with a request that he
> and/or his team comment publicly on the way that these anti-conservation
> interests have made use of eBird checklists.
>
> Joel Geier

Join us on Facebook!