Date: 6/24/19 5:57 pm
From: Christopher Lovell via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Wren boxes and House Sparrows
If you want to retrofit existing nest boxes you can use a large metal
washer, like you would put on a bolt.

Select a washer with a 1 1/8” inside diameter, drill a couple of small
screw holes in the washer, one on either side, to allow you to attach the
washer to the face of the nest box. Center the washer over the existing
hole and secure in place with screws placed in the holes you drilled.

The diameter of the hole is now the appropriate size and you have a
squirrel guard to prevent gnawing of the nest box entrance.