Date: 6/24/19 2:59 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] GWF Goose in Central OR
I found a Greater White-fronted Goose at Houston Lake today in Crook
County. It's possible this is the same individual that was seen on 5/29.
There is a lot of deep grass and many places for a goose to hide. If so,
it may be injured and might not have been able to make the journey
north. I only know of one other June record for WF Goose in Central
Oregon and that was June 7th, 2018 by Craig Miller at the Crooked River
Wetlands.  There are no July records for this species of which I'm aware
so I'll check for it on July 1.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57655809

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com