Date: 6/24/19 1:20 pm
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Fwd: Mountain Quail
This is good to know, and not a real surprise. I only made the statement
because the very lengthy account in Birds of North America , from the
Cornell Lab, which l paid for, makes no mention of the Oregon literature.
It wouldn't surprise me if many of the blank spots in the Cornell account
of Mountain Quail( and there are a lot) might be filled if the author(s)
had checked the Oregon research. There are lots of citations in the lengthy
Cornell account, the most recent l could find being 1998. So the Sapsucker
brand is no guarantee of cutting edge ornithology.
This is sort of disappointing. The advantage of a digital reference
is supposed to be it's up to date content.