Date: 6/24/19 12:04 pm
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: 2019 AOS Supplement
Hi -

Thanks for the heads-up.  The link in the first paragraph unfortunately brings up last year's supplement.  The summary in your link, prepared for Birding magazine does not discuss several of the proposals under consideration, so I imagine they were not accepted.  I did not expect Harlan's Hawk to be split off, but I was hopeful about the proposal for apostrophe-free names.  The NACC committee members' comments should be posted before long (anonymous, likely) on the AOS website and so we can get some insight into their thinking.

Wayne
On 6/24/2019 10:25:21 AM, Bob Archer <rabican1...> wrote:
Hi:

http://blog.aba.org/2019/06/aos2019.html?fbclid=IwAR2DzE_aUbePMHuFOnBBAU_rbGMJUJ2bLENy63rter3J1DHiAc0vnQ0_Abs [http://blog.aba.org/2019/06/aos2019.html?fbclid=IwAR2DzE_aUbePMHuFOnBBAU_rbGMJUJ2bLENy63rter3J1DHiAc0vnQ0_Abs]

Northern Fulmar is still one species.   AOS agrees that there are three White-winged Scoter species, look for Stejneger's now as a species not a subspecies.  Bummer that they left 's at the end of bird names.  Harlan's (Harlan) Hawk is still a Red-tailed.

Bob Archer
PDX

Join us on Facebook!