Date: 6/23/19 8:12 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Mountain Quail have hatched
Pam,

You perhaps know that Mountain Quail have a special reproductive strategy. The female lays two clutches of eggs in two nests. It takes a month. Then she incubates one clutch and her mate incubates the other.

This is their insurance policy if something happens to one nest. They do this instead of doing one nest and if something happens to it, renesting.

So maybe your female got her clutch hatched first and the male is still incubating?

Paul Sullivan