Date: 6/23/19 6:19 pm
From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant...>
Subject: [obol] Just a warning about a Bend hotel
I donít want to go into the nasty details, but pretty much everything valuable I own was stolen out of my motel room at the Shilo Inn in Bend while taking out an Audubon group from Florida. Avoid if you can.

I donít know why, but I continued the tour. We found 191 species in 7 days of birding, with many of the expected birds. Unusual were several Pacific Loons off shore in Seaside and off Silver Point, a drake Common Goldeneye in Tillamook and an Eastern Kingbird at the Detroit Flats. A very drab singing solitary vireo was at Malheur HQ, presumed to be a Cassinís, but I have not seen the pix on a good enough screen to judge.

Stefan Schlick
Hillsboro, OR

Join us on Facebook!