Date: 6/22/19 9:13 pm
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Lincoln's Sparrow: Lookout Mountain, Hood River County Strike Out
In support of Mr Hunter's efforts down south, I decided to check out High
Prairie for Lincoln's Sparrows today. High Prairie sits on the north flank
of Lookout Mtn, just at the end of the road you can drive up. (45.348046,
-121.526652). It is a collection of wet and dry meadows edged by mixed
firs. The meadows are of various sizes, from very small to about 4 acres.
They sit at about 6100-6200 feet in elevation.

Several of the meadows looked great for Lincoln's but none found. Tons of
Chipping sparrows, Juncos, and Pine Siskins.

At 1 pm I was done and went down to about 4800 feet in elevation to check
out Horkelai Meadows. There I had Wood Pewees, House Wrens and Lazuli
Bunting, no Lincoln's.

Ebird has my sightings.

Bob Archer
PDX