Date: 6/22/19 7:23 am
From: Christina Nieves via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] CTBirds injured goose Update Rescue Success!!

Thank you to all the CT birders who responded to my SOS. The rescue was a success! A beautiful Canadian Goose I call him "Big Daddy" the leader of a flock of 2 families that come to my lawn every day had a large 5" fishing lure caught in his foot this morning. He swam away before I could get to him and got his foot snagged on an underwater branch. I called the DEEP Emergency number provided to me and they sent a game warden: Officer Heath who paddled out on my kayak and somehow (by grace) was able to get him to shore and remove the lure.
A sad reminder that we need to protect our land and water for the beautiful creatures we share space with. But I suspect I am preaching to the choir with this group! Thank you all again.
Sincerely,
Christina Nieves/Enfield