Date: 6/20/19 8:22 pm
From: <t4c1x...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Coos Grasshopper Sparrow 6/20/19

Agreed, David. At one time Grasshopper Sparrow was considered semi-rare almost anywhere in Oregon, and known for certain from only a few spots. As time has gone one, they have been found with increasing regularity in a number of places, and in higher numbers than was once suspected. The couple who live on the ranch at Olex in Gilliam County told me there are hundreds of them in that county. They are now known from several different sites in the Willamette Valley. Perhaps they are also to be looked for in appropriate habitat on the coast. So, yes, a few photos of the habitat in Coos would be helpful.
Darrel