Date: 6/20/19 5:28 pm
From: Erik Ostrander <erik.d.ostrander...>
Subject: [obol] Cannon Beach adjacent short trip report
Hey everyone,

I meant to type this up yesterday but time got away from me. Hannah and I
were invited to go out birding with Susan, who leads the first Sunday walks
in Cannon Beach. We spent some time birding in a place none of us had
birded before, Boneyard Ridge. This was a fantastic place to go birding,
it is located between Cannon Beach and Seaside at the North Coast Land
Conservancy property at Circle Creek.

We had a great morning looking for birds but mostly hiking. Our target was
Mountain Quail which we had heard have been recently sighted in the area.
We did not find the Mountain Quail but we did find a Sharp-shinned Hawk
which was a great spot!

Many other expected species were hanging around; Pacific-slope Flycatcher,
Golden-crowned Kinglet, Black-headed Grosbeak, and Black-throated Gray
Warbler just to name a few. Our full ebird list can be found at:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S57524354

Hannah and I talked about our trip in detail in the most recent episode of
"Hannah and Erik Go Birding" which aired today if anyone is interested.

Thank you,
Erik Ostrander
(503) 621-6170
Manager at: Sea Breeze Court <http://www.seabreezecourt.com> "home of the
birder discount"
Co-Host of the Podcast: Hannah and Erik Go Birding
<http://www.gobirdingpodcast.com>

Join us on Facebook!