Date: 6/19/19 4:21 pm
From: Robert Mirer via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Breeding Broad-winged Hawks
After 2 full months of complete silence following their April arrival, I had 2 Broad-winged Hawks flying overhead this afternoon, one of which was calling. I was concerned that they may have abandoned their traditional nest site after the construction last summer of a new house 2 doors down, very close to their nest. Relieved to see that they are still here. Without binocs, I could not tell if one was a juvenile. Still no sign of young of the nearby-nesting Red-shouldered Hawks. Had a juvenile Great Crested Flycatcher at my suet a few days ago. Pine Warblers have started singing once again. And so, another spring has flown away.

Rob Mirer
Moodus