Date: 6/19/19 12:42 pm
From: Holly Cohn <cohnho9...>
Subject: [obol] need help identifying
I was walking in Beaverton's Tualatin Hill's Nature Park this morning and
saw a bird I couldn't identify. It was traveling up the side of a tree,
dark grey back, red head, a light colored stripe just in front of its wing,
kind of resembling the strap on a daypack. Very pointy, thin long beak. No
white spots or crown. Many other birds in surrounding trees seemed noisier
than usual, as if they were distressed that this bird was there. It was
smaller than a flicker,larger than a brown creeper. I'd appreciate any help
with ID.

Join us on Facebook!