Date: 6/17/19 4:02 pm
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] question
In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed body parts (mainly wings &
legs) from small birds in my yard. One I believe was a downy and the
latest set of wings , possibly house finch or chickadee.
While I was gardening, I came across 2 wings and 2 fairly freshly removed
bird legs (upper thigh was still bloody). No actual body or heads.
So there is a predator in the neighborhood, possibly hawk....I wonder which
predator would consume most of the meaty parts of the birds, leaving the
wings and legs. I figure it is nesting season, so whatever it is , is
probably providing some good meals for the young.
Bev Propen, Orange