Date: 6/12/19 8:33 am
From: Mike Unger <unger730...>
Subject: [obol] SAS Ankeny NWR Scouting Trip Report
*SAS Ankeny NWR Scouting Trip Report*

*June 11, 2019*

Hello all -

Fred and two others scouted Ankeny NWR in preparation for our Salem Audubon
birding field trip on *Tuesday, June 18th at 7:00 a.m.* The weather was
fair with temperatures ranging from 64 degrees to 78 degrees. They
observed (saw or heard) 47 species.

Most notable identifications:

· There were five species of ducks including *Mallard*, *Blue-**winged
Teal*, *Gadwall, Hooded Merganser and Wood Duck*;

· The warblers were few and far between as only *Common
Yellowthroat* and *Yellow
Warbler *were observed.

· There were some nice shorebirds observed including *Green Heron,
Virginia Rail, Sora, American Bittern *and *Killdeer*.

A complete list of today's birds follows. Our next SAS field trip will be
at *Ankeny NWR* on *Tuesday, June 18th at 7:00 a.m.* Meet at the Pintail
Marsh parking lot. Our next SAS Shorts bird walk will be at *Keizer
Rapids Park* on *Tuesday, June 25th at 9:00 a.m.* Meet in the last parking
lot near the boat ramp.

Mike Unger

Keizer, OR

*Checklist Summary for June 11, 2019*