Date: 6/12/19 6:52 am
From: Glenn <000001214b3fcb01-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Of non-migrating migrating birds
I have always been curious about how migration works.  Here in Arkansas we have a lot of Red-tailed Hawks in the winter time.  Quite a few Belted Kingfishers too.  But, in the summer there aren't nearly as many.  Has anybody figured out why some of the RTHA fly north for the summer, and some don't?  Is it always the same birds that don't migrate?  Or, could it be possible that all the RTHA in Arkansas for the winter do fly north, and the few we see here in the summer actually fly up from further south?  With all the bird banding there has to be somebody with those answers.
Thanks.
Glenn WyattCabot

Join us on Facebook!