Date: 6/12/19 5:43 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Coos Catbird 6/12/19
I arrived at Millicoma Marsh at 0450 for an early morning dog walk. There
were a couple nighthawks bombing around overhead and I heard a Lazuli
Bunting singing which is unusual this far west in the county.

The GRAY CATBIRD was singing away where the main trail turns north along
the dike and heads toward bay. About 100 feet north of that intersection a
catbird was perched high in an elderberry singing away! I had great looks
at it in the low light and recorded some song. Time to check the Lincoln
County location- its catbird city on the south coast.

Mosquitoes bad last leg of trip. Small thunderstorm-looking clouds just
starting to build overhead.

Merry late migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay