Date: 6/12/19 5:03 am
From: Chuck Berthoud <cbpabirds...>
Subject: Cumberland County nightjars
After three days of strong winds, last night had perfect conditions for
listening to Whip-poor-will and Chuck-wills-widow on top of South
Mountain. Whips were heard continuously along Ridge Road, one mile on
either side of Cold Springs Road often two at a time. The single CWWI
was first heard about a half mile east of Cold Springs Road.

The eastern portion of Ridge Road is very rough and I was glad I had an
SUV. Clear Springs Road is mostly paved on the south side and is
probably the best access from the north. SR233 probably is also a good
access to where WPWI are reported on Ridge Road.

Chuck

Spring Grove, York County

Join us on Facebook!