Date: 6/11/19 10:45 pm
From: Jacob Washburn <jacobwdu...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Douglas to Elbert to Arapahoe County
Hello,

Jamie and I birded most of Tuesday.  We started at CastlewoodCanyon State Park inDouglas County.

Along Creekside trail
Spotted Towhee
Ovenbird
Yellow-throated Warbler
Western Scrub-Jay
Least Flycatcher

At Winkler Ranch south of park
Bobolink--one male
Grasshopper Sparrow
Dickcissel--possible, we both have colds and hearing is impaired, however we both heard a Dickcissel, not seen
Wild Turkey
Cordilleran Flycatcher
Spotted Towhee

At Cherry Creek at highway 86 bridge
Eastern Phoebe

In Elbert County
sadly, the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher nest with two eggs was destroyed by hail last week,  no one has seen female since

Elbert Road, 4.1 miles south of Kiowa, field east of electric building and telephone pole F3704, field is now plowed but many birds walked around in it
Dickcissel -2
Bobolink-male

County Line Road Arapahoe/Elbert and Kiowa Creek
Red-headed Woodpecker
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Wild Turkey

Arapahoe County Road 129
Burrowing Owl--2 0.7 miles south of Orchard Road
No Dickcissel

Along Kiowa Bennett Road
We saw two Common Nighthawks, another Dickcissel, several Grasshopper Sparrows

Richmil Ranch Open Space
Cassin's Kingbird--3
Western Kingbird--2

Bijou Creek at Deer Creek town