Date: 6/11/19 9:56 pm
From: phil Pryde <PhilPinSD...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Chukars
A friend just emailed me about a sighting, with close-up photo (below), of a Chukar a relative of his saw and photographed in the Crosby Estates area, which (I believe) is along the San Dieguito River west of Lake Hodges. Chukars are not listed in the Bird Atlas.
Does anyone know if there have been any other sightings of Chukar in the county post-2004? I assume this one is either introduced or escaped (or both).
Thanks for any feedback on Chukars anyone might have.
Phil Pryde
San Carlos

View/Reply Online (#9732): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/9732
-=-=-
---<br />Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month in the Hoffman Room of The San Diego Foundation, 2508 Historic Decatur Rd., San Diego, CA 92106. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year. <br />---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!