Date: 6/11/19 6:05 pm
From: Ann Pettigrew <rook185...>
Subject: Wild Turkey - York County
For the second day in a row we had a hen turkey at our property. Yesterday she was down by the street eating the grass seed that Met-Ed planted last week when they had to bury a new cable for us. This morning she was up by the house close to the bird feeders. We see her periodically but it has been a month or two so it was fun to have her back.

We also have a male Red-winged Blackbird coming to the feeders which is a bit unusual since there are no ponds or marshes in the immediate neighborhood.

Have a good evening!

Ann C. Pettigrew, V.M.D.
York, PA
<rook185...>
www.pbase.com/rook185

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir.

Join us on Facebook!