Date: 6/11/19 4:50 pm
From: B P Bell <bellasoc...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Dusky Grouse in the sagebrush
Hi Jim and Tweets

Several years ago a friend and I were birding in an area off Cameron Lake
Loop Rd. that was partly Ponderosa and partly sagebrush. We heard a dusky
grouse calling. We estimated that it was 75 to 100 feet away, and walked
over to a convenient flat rock to look down the flats toward where we
thought it was. We had been there a brief time and the grouse (it was a
Dusky) flushed from under the rock we were standing on. Very definitely
ground-based in the sagebrush.

There are other times I have seen Dusky Grouse in sagebrush.

Good Birding,

Brian H. Bell

Woodinville Wa

mail to bell asoc a t I s o media dot com