Date: 6/11/19 2:44 pm
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqvr...> [CALBIRDS] <CALBIRDS-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [CALBIRDS] [southbaybirds] Garganey on Facebook June 7, nothing yet June 11
I've been skimming for more info on this sighting.

To be honest, it's 102 in the shade today in this area so I don't expect an enthusiastic chase for the bird right away. It was shared to the silicon valley birding facebook group as well, and both locations have zero comments on it, which I find amazing given us birders ability to have strong opinions on pretty much everything... (grin)

Chuq Von Rospach http://www.chuqui.com
Email: <chuqvr...>
Twitter: @chuq
Silicon Valley, California

> On Jun 11, 2019, at 2:33 PM, 'Dave Weber' <dwbirdster...> [CALBIRDS] <CALBIRDS-noreply...> wrote:
>
> This is all the info available. The link should work. I stopped there on the way back from SF where I was when a friend texted me the news. I and Steve Tracey checked the marsh side of the levee at Don Edwards SFBNWR in Alviso, north San Jose around 1 pm. There were several female-type Mallards and a few Gadwalls. I was looking for a small female mallard with a dark bill.. Most were in sitting in pickleweed in bad lighting. Hopefully others can check later in the day.

Join us on Facebook!