Date: 6/11/19 10:47 am
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Jay Question
I would call it a California. Woodhouse’s should have blue undertail coverts, a black ear patch, no “necklace in front and an indistinct supercilium. Your bird has white undertail coverts, a gray ear patch, a partial necklace and a noticeable supercillium. It looks similar to the Scrub Jays we get in Bend, which are distinctly duller than the ones found on the west side.

Tom Crabtree, Bend