Date: 6/11/19 8:19 am
From: Andy Wilson <awilson.gettysburg...>
Subject: late news: NFC Whimbrel, Adams, 5/17
Dear all

On the night of 16th/17th May my four summer students and I did a nocturnal
flight call (NFC) recording from Gettysburg College. It was the first I've
tried here, but I have done this several times at my home in MD over the
last 13 months.

We added 13 species to the college species list, which now stands at 176+
(there are likely some historical records that I don't know about).
Highlights included 7 species of shorebird, including Short-billed
Dowitcher and Whimbrel, the latter a first for Adams County (I think).
Other local rarities included a Barn Owl (used to be resident on campus
years ago), Common Nighthawk, a diversity of warblers and a good flight of
thrushes. We recorded 45 species in the one night.

The eBird checklist for 17th with the Whimbrel and dowitchers and other
embedded audio is here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56409006

Thanks
--
Andy Wilson